If you’d like your emails to start bringing in more new business, turn them into engaging conversation-starters. Here are three ways to ensure that your digital newsletters are consistently generating new leads for your business.
1. Improve The Subject Line Of Your Digital Newsletters
Before you can generate a lead, you’ll need to get readers to open your emails. The email subject line is your opportunity to make a good first impression in the inbox. Leverage it properly, and you’ll entice more readers to act on your messages.
Your email subject line should clearly address the needs of your readers in concise language. It should also convey the importance of your message.
Here are some subject line tips to encourage readership:
- Explain the actual contents of your digital newsletter (don’t pull a bait and switch with deceptive teasers)
- Create a sense of urgency using deadlines, dates and actionable words
- Use a personalization field to include your readers’ first names
- Pull the title of a timely article or important update in your digital newsletter and duplicate it as your email subject line
- Ask questions and let readers know your newsletter provides the answer
- Appeal to your valued readers by including phrasing that makes them feel exclusive, important, or as if they are part of a VIP inner-circle
- On occasion, use numbered lists, seasonal themes and other fun subject lines to avoid a sense of stale repetition
Your subject line should always clearly represent what readers can actually expect to find in your digital newsletter. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different subject line formats and tones. Watch your open rates to see which approaches are working the best for your messaging.
2. Use Digital Newsletters To Send Click-worthy Content
Everything you include in your email marketing should have a subtle tie-in to your service offerings. If you want your email marketing to resonate with your target audience, you’ll also need to offer content tailored to their needs and interests.
It can be challenging to strike a balance between communicating the value of your firm while also offering insights to your readers. To accomplish this, consider your client success stories. Why did a recent client need your services? How did your services solve their problem? Were there any note-worthy takeaways from the experience? Answer these questions in an email article, and you’ll have the kind of click-worthy content that converts into new opportunities.
For more tips on creating engaging content, be sure to read our second article in this newsletter.
3. Don’t Let Clicks Go Cold
Once you have your prospects clicking on content, be sure to reach out to those who have shown interest in your articles. There are a few simple ways you can connect with warm prospects generated through your email marketing:
- Send a one-on-one follow-up email
- Give them a call to mention that you noticed their interest in a particular subject featured in your digital newsletter
- Enter the reader into a relevant drip campaign that mirrors the topic of the article they initially clicked
When you reach out to any warm prospect, be sure to thank them for their interest in your digital newsletter. This conversation-opener will help your prospects make a connection between the follow-up activity and the article they read.
One-on-one follow up emails can be used to set up a short meeting. You can leverage these meetings to explore the prospect’s level of interest in your services.
You can also send a message to seek out fresh information from the prospect. Ask them if they read the article in order to achieve a particular goal and if you might be able to help them reach that goal.
Drip campaigns can also be used to continue nurturing prospects who seem to be “tire-kicking.” Make sure your follow-up communications are as professional as your digital newsletter. These messages will continue to build a positive impression of your brand. They will be seen as the digital voice of your firm. Even if your prospect doesn’t convert to a new client today, they may choose you at some point in the future.
Continue testing new subject lines and fresh content to keep readers interested in your communications. Follow-through is essential to the success of your marketing. Make sure you implement strategies to track, respond and manage engagement generated by your digital newsletter.